Created in 2000, the CBHL Annual Literature Award is given by CBHL to both the author and publisher of a work that makes a significant contribution to the literature of botany or horticulture.
The award is presented at CBHL’s Annual Meeting. Its purpose is to:
- Recognize a work that makes a significant contribution to the literature of botany or horticulture;
- Increase the visibility of CBHL;
- Encourage participation by the CBHL community in recognizing significant contributions to the literature of the field.
Guidelines of the Award
Nominations must be submitted by a CBHL member. Publishers may submit works to be nominated by members. Works nominated the previous year may be nominated again if they meet the “Year of Publication” guideline below.
The work may or may not be by a CBHL member. However, works by members of this Award Committee are not eligible. The work may be authored by one or more individuals, a group, or an organization.
Acceptable formats include but are not limited to: book, journal, journal article, CD-ROM.
Works should be in English or in English with parallel text in other languages.
Year of Publication/Creation
Works should be published or created in the two calendar years preceding the year the award will be presented. For example, works published in 2013 and 2014
will be eligible for the 2015 Award, which will be given – in this case – at the 2015 Annual Meeting.
Works are not limited by genre. Reference works, children’s books, fiction, etc. are all acceptable.
The award committee may decide to attribute awards and mentions, in one or more categories.
Works will be judged by members of the Annual Literature Award Committee according to the following criteria:
- Organization and presentation of information
- Usefulness to the intended audience
- Uniqueness of the contribution to the literature of the field
- Excellence of intellectual content
- Design and composition of the work
CBHL members and publishers are invited to use the nomination form.
Why I am a CBHL member
Winners Announced for [...]
The CBHL 2019 Annual Literature Award for a work that makes a [...]